(1) I am deathly afraid of birds--every kind (even water fowl). I think this must have started when I was little. As a child, I was flogged by a duck and a goose. I don't really recommend trying to pick up a baby goose or duck while the mother is around. I'm just saying.
(2) I am a people pleaser with a GIGANTIC rebellious streak. Now, someone please explain that to me? I am a walking contradiction. My father is the same way..so I blame him :-) Thanks dad! So, if you want to know how to get to me...just act disappointed and I'll cave in a heartbeat. Or, you could deny me chewing gum and I'll probably give up in a matter of hours. As for my rebellious streak, please don't ever offer me unsolicited advice because I'll probably do the opposite. I don't like rules--especially silly corporate/organizational rules. I tend to dance right along on the edge of breaking the rules--I actually think I get some sort of excitement out of seeing how far I can bend them. Neil is the same way...we may have an interesting time with Layla :-)
(3) I am a perfectionist who is anything BUT organized. I think that makes me a SUPER perfectionist. This is my argument...My closet is a wreck...my papers are unorganized...my car is messy...and do you want to know why such a perfectionist would have such messy stuff. WELL, the thought of having to clean my closet to the level that I would find satisfactory makes me completely stressed out--it would take me hours...days even...the same with my papers and my car. I know there has got to be someone out there that is the same way. Again, I'd like to thank my dad for this little personality quirk.
(4) I adore old people. I want to kiss on them and squeeze them. I like to hear their stories. And if I were 5 and didn't have a clue as to appropriate behavior, I'd probably like to squish their over sized noses. When I was in middle school, I wanted to work at a nursing home until some old lady at the local nursing home tried to run over me with her wheelchair because I told her that her fingernails looked nice. (Natasha, Beth, Tiffanie and Anna...you guys probably know EXACTLY who I am talking about here---circa 1991 GA trips to Britthaven).
(5) I would be as happy as a June bug if Neil and I had acres and acres of land...lived in a white farm house with a old screen door that squeaked and creaked with kids running in and out of the kitchen--five of them. I want a big oak tree in the back yard with a tire swing. Someday...maybe.
(6) Aghhh...this may get me in trouble...but oh well..here goes. Uber liberal women...especially the femi-nazi type really get under my skin. I want to slap a string of pearls around their neck and put them in an apron or something. Is it just me, or do these women seem hardened, joyless and cynical. They confuse the heck out of me--those femi-nazi ones. Why shouldn't a female rejoice in being feminine...wear a stinking skirt to run in if you want....respect your husband...know that choosing to stay at home and be a mommy is a respectable career move.
So now that I've probably alienated half of my readers :-)
I tag...hum...no one. Although, I'd like to see random things about some of you guys...but no obligation (Natasha, Anna, Beth, Matt). Does that qualify as a tag? HA! Seriously...only if you guys have time.