Friday, April 17, 2009

updates...

Layla:
Yes, Layla is just over two and YES she still has her paci when she goes to bed.  We've been talking about how she's outgrown it and its more for babies than for big sisters.  Today, we had the same sort of discussion when she looked at me...as straight faced and serious as possible and said, "mommy, Jesus has a paci...uh huh...he do mommy.  And Jesus has a blankie with a special spot...just like Layla."  How on Earth do you respond to that?  I was speechless...

The Little Peanut in my belly:
So I thought I'd sort of take the time to keep up with all the pregnancy stuff via this blog...part of me thought I should wait for a while--you know, until after the first trimester...but I just can't.  Funny stuff is already happening that's worth writing down.

Cravings this week:  (1) Cheese, cheese crackers, cottage cheese, goldfish (see a theme) (2)Popcorn (3) Eggs (4) Burger King Hamburgers-plain (I swear I smelled Burger King the other morning...stranger yet, I don't even think we have one in Lexington...HA) (4) French Fries 

Thinks that make me go...ICK:  (1) Sweets...I can't even eat dry cereal because its too sweet (2) Chocolate (led to my first experience looking down the toilet) (3) Chewing gum....can you believe it? I can't even chew gum because its--you guess it...TOO SWEET (4) smoke (5) lawn clippings on the side of the road--I literally gag OUT LOUD when I run by them

I've also been having really bad indigestion--which prevents me from enjoying the aforementioned Burger King bag-o-deliciousness.  I remember with Layla, I craved McDonald's chicken fillet sandwiches...but ask me if I ever had one...NOPE...darn that indigestion.  I'm hoping it goes away because I want a REALLY big belly this time...none of that 22 lb weight gain that I had with Layla...I literally got NO attention until I was a full 7 months in.

Finally, I've had to back off of my running schedule a little.  50 miles a week when you are prego is probably not the best idea.  I'm now running four days a week--one long run (@10-12 miles) and three shorter runs (@ 7-8 miles).  Hopefully I can keep up with most of this for a while.  I know at some point, I'll have to slow down and pull back a little.

HA and funny story.  So I'm running the other day...it was beautiful outside...no watch...no Garmin.  Just me.  I was feeling so great when I came back into the neighborhood, that I decided to run another mile around the track at the park.  As I approached the track, I noticed a very tan, young blonde girl (probably 4 years my junior) running around the track...she noticed me and I knew the competition was on.  MAN...why do I fall for these things??  So I hit the track, roughly 20 yards behind her....I gained on her and passed her--it took about .4 miles to do it...but I did it.  After I passed her and gained a little lead, she backed way off.  I think I managed to look strong the rest of my mile...I think?  And then I turned and ran home (maintaining my strong pace--didn't want anyone to see me let up).  When I got in, I sat on the sofa...talked to Neil...and within minutes fell into a coma like sleep for a half hour---I didn't even change my clothes.  HA.  Not as tough as I was a month ago for sure :-)  And clearly, I am lacking in the discipline department.  Dad will not be happy with these shenanigans....I just couldn't resist 




8 comments:

Only Servants Ministries said...

Now that we have had some time to read past blogs, we wanted to say "CONGRATULATIONS"!!! I bet there's smile as big as Texas on ole Neil's face! Man, we certainly have much to celebrate when we get back. See you 3 (+.125 on the way) very soon!

~Chris & Lindy

Lindsey Broere said...

you're right...he's so excited he can't stand it...we both are...but Neil...HE'S WAY excited..

Can't wait to see you guys either...

Michelle said...

omg you're pregnant!!! CONGRATS! that is awesome news, can't wait to follow along :)

The Beaver Bunch said...

Lemme let you in on a little secret...

The trick to getting a BIG 'OL FAT BELLY is to...

are you ready?

STOP FRIGGIN RUNNING.

Seriously. I never run and my belly is HUGE.

I'm just sayin'.

Only Servants Ministries said...

Linds, i don't think you understood on my post- b/c I did not clarify. I do not and have not run a half marathon or anything remotely close. I am not quite up to your pace. Goodness. I only run 3 miles. So you'll beat my tail if I run with you. I also have to go to a running store ASAP when I get home and get some shoes. I'm giving mine away here b/c they were cheap cheap cheap and I've had them for 2 years and glued the bottom on twice. This time though I want to do it right so I don't have hip and knee pain. I'm going to get some good ones. Where did you go? Maybe we can make a date. :) (I would LOVE to get them before leaving for the coast on next Tuesday)

Lindsey Broere said...

Lindy....
I went to Fleet Feet in Winston. They are really pretty good there...but you have to watch them. They tend to recommend the most expensive shoe and that's not what you'll need (more than likely).

I'll take a look at your foot and your stride and try and help out before we go--if you aren't in a hurry, you're most practical bet would be to order them from Road Runner Sports (free 3 day shipping).

Let me know what your schedule is and we'll figure something out.

And don't forget...I'm pregnant, so I'm not out there to train anymore...I'm just having fun...so mark your calendar, because WE ARE RUNNING...there :-)

Dad said...

Isn't it wonderful when they are beginning to communicate what is going on in their little heads?

Natasha said...

Wow! Smart answer Layla...I mean how you can argue with her when she is relating her habits to those of Jesus...I wonder what a paci in Jesus' baby days looked like??? :) (he, he)

Oh...your little peanut...I'm so stinking excited that we get to trade little peanut stories on our weekly walks. I mean...SOOOO excited!!! :) Then, when our little peanuts arrive, they will have a friend that is VERY CLOSE to their age. :) So great!!!

Love you Linds!!