Monday, September 1, 2008

King Midas


Okay..so I have to brag on my very smart and gifted husband for just a minute or two :-)

Most of you may already know that he is a very talented musician.  He's absolutely amazing...he writes...he plays...he sings.  He's my own personal Bob Dylan (except MUCH MUCH MUCH nicer on the ol' peepers).  

WELL, my Neil William is also amazing with his two little hands in another way.  He is able to imagine...and then work wood into the most extraordinary pieces of furniture--or art, as I like to think of it, because he puts so much of himself into every single piece.  We recently had to purchase a new computer--our 8 year old Mac finally went down the tube--which required us to find a place for said computer.  Neil decided to make a small desk in our living area--a desk that warped into a full on entertainment center/bookshelf/humidor...with leaded glass and lights that have three levels of brightness (NOTE: for those of you who have a clue about home improvement project, please forgive my kindergarten way of describing Neil's work).  WOW, I am so proud of our new living room...and BEYOND proud of Neil.

Neil has the Midas touch.--I've never seen him fail at anything.  He reminds me of that guy on Meet the Parents--Owen Wilson's character...you know..the way he does EVERYTHING with ease and perfection.  That's my Neil William.  I am just in awe of how much talent lives in his little body.  Watch out world...he's going big time with 
something...sometime...someday.  I'm just giving ya'll the heads up :-)  

And yes...those are all MY books.  I've read them each--probably twice (esp the really thick ones)--wink wink

4 comments:

Matt Rollins said...

GEEZ that turned out great!! I wish we could have stopped by and checked it out today. I can't wait until it is full and has reached it's complete potential. Especially the cabinets on the right. Hopefully I can help! See you guys soon...

Anna said...

um...can you guys please come north so that he can help us with our home projects :)!!!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Wow, that looks great. Okay, here's my to do list. Tell him that we're available on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 3-6pm.

1. Bunk beds in the girls' room
2. An outside playhouse w/ loft and porch swing.
3. Our deck needs repair.
4.....

Natasha said...

Wow!! What a beautiful masterpiece. I am very proud of him. :) You are a lucky gal!!!