Monday, June 8, 2009

Mommy leftovers

What a CRAZY weekend.

That wedding I filmed on Saturday was LONG.   I left my house at around 3pm and didn't get back home until 2:15am.  Whew...that's a lot of time to be on my feet.  Originally (before traffic stopped the charter bus with ALL the guests for an hour) the reception was going to be over at 11:30.  The closer it got to 11:30, mom, dad and I realized that THAT wasn't going to happen.  They actually didn't do their exit until 10 minutes past 1am!  I realized at that point that poor Neil AND Layla were going to be served "mommy leftovers" on Sunday morning.  

But all in all, you couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day and for a sweeter family.  I'm sending the film off for processing today and am going to be waiting on pins and needles for the next three weeks.  I'm excited to see how the film is going to work with dad's stills.  I feel like we worked really well together and communicated nicely.  But getting film in is always a big surprise.

Finally, as promised, here is an attempt to get Layla singing "Jesus Loves Me. I'm still working on getting the WHOLE thing, but Layla is kind of or miss with the video camera.  Sometimes she'll smile and sing like crazy...sometimes she'll run the other way.  Maybe we'll try again today?  

Jesus Loves Me from Black Daffodil Films on Vimeo.




4 comments:

Tiffanie said...

How cute is she! And that southern accent, I love it!!!!!! I hope to see you all soon!

Natasha said...

I'm so excited! Not only was I able to actually watch the Jesus Loves Me video, which was adorable, by the way, I was able to go back and see the other Layla videos that I haven't been able to watch because my computer wouldn't play them. I feel like I have visited with Layla today. I just love the videos! Thanks for sharing!

Lindsey Broere said...

I know...I think she misses her Toddy :-)

Maybe she'll be awake by the time we get in on Sunday

Sabine, La Marquise des anges said...

I am glad to know the "filming" went fine ... we have been thinking of you here :)

I just love layla's video :) she is even cuter "in motion" ;) how lovely ... thank you So much for sharing. you two made my day :)