Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kitchen and baby update

WELL...
We have officially put off doing the kitchen until after the baby....YAY! I feel like I can breathe a little easier now. We're moving our new cabinets and appliances to my aunt's basement (thanks a BILLION times Aunt Sharon) and Neil is going to refinish our existing cabinets and do some cement counter tops (which I am REALLY excited about). You know me...I am not one that likes a lot of different variables and I'm not one to like things that do not move in a somewhat organized flow--so Neil and I decided that this would not be a good time to renovate an old kitchen. WHEW!

I had my 25 week check up today...little Adalei is doing great. Today was the first time I was able to see the doctor that delivered Layla and he is such a riot. He came into the delivery room with Layla looking like they just pulled him out of bed and talking in incomplete sentences. I thought it was the early hour, but today...better hair, but still some crazy mixed up sentences. The good thing--he is a runner....and avid one at that. He is running the Marine Corps Marathon in the fall and has plans to qualify for Boston. SO I was really able to talk to another runner and doctor about my runs.

When I told him I was still doing 12 mile runs, his eyes told me what I dreaded hearing...TOO MUCH running. Well, he wouldn't tell me NOT to run that much, but he did say that I have to be really careful because over the next month, little Adalei's blood flow needs will double (and my ability to supply those needs won't change that much). SO, because running requires more demand for blood flow to my body and hers--and her demands will be greater even when I'm not running...I will have to back off to about 8 mile long runs. He joked that he would make out a written doctor's note if I needed it--to make me feel better. HA! He is a runner, indeed.

SO, I think I'm going to try and squeeze in another 12-13 mile run and be a good listener and scale it back to 8 miles. I've already thought, "hum, well if I'm just doing 8, then I can do some speed work and make them 8 faster miles"....I AM SO STUBBORN--one of the many many areas in my life that I have been focusing on and praying about for months. I'm getting better with my hubby, but I have a long way to go in other areas :-)

OH and baby name is officially....

Adalei (pronounced AdaLAY) Grace Broere the first :-)

I think she'll like it...

4 comments:

AnniePat said...

SUCH a pretty name...she definitely will love it.

and, ahem...it's CONCRETE countertops, not cement. oh, the times i've been corrected on that one. have neil call jarrad if he wants advice! he did a drop-down edge with an integrated backsplash in part of our kitchen, a curved bar countertop, a floating bathroom counter with a ~6" drop down edge for a on 3 sides (for use with a vessel sink), and a dual vanity countertop with integrated sinks...so he's practically an expert now! can't wait to hear about it!

Lindsey Broere said...

hahaha...Neil has done such a great job holding his tongue...I've been calling them cement the WHOLE TIME!

Natasha said...

I love the name. The middle name Grace has always been one of my favorites.

Yeah, I have to say - you are a little stubborn. Just remember - you need to listen to the doctor for precious Adalei's sake. You will have plenty of time in your lifetime to run. Your body needs to be able to work for her for the next few months. :)

Michelle said...

you should check out the book exercising through your pregnancy by clapp. what's going on? you haven't blogged in a WHILE!